Senior Officer, Philippines Country Program
GGGI seeks to recruit a Senior Officer who will be in charge of developing substantive inputs and analyses to the development, delivery, and assessment of work programs and activities at country level. The Senior Officer will be particularly, among other things, ensuring on-the-ground delivery of the multi-year project, titled Climate Resilient and Inclusive Green Growth for Poor Rural Communities: Accelerating Implementation in the Agriculture Value Chain in Oriental Mindoro, which is under the partnership and sponsorship from the Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA). S/he will be organizing program activities across policy development, investment mobilization, country specific capacity and knowledge development, while supporting donor coordination and new partnership development. In order to ensure top-tier level of delivery of the Country Program, the Philippines team wants a highly passionate and energetic individual committed to climate resilient, green, and inclusive growth of the country. This position holder should be a dedicated team player with demonstrated professional integrity. Senior Officer directly reports to the Country Representative.
GGGI Philippines Program supports the Republic of Philippines in its transition toward climate resilient and inclusive green growth. GGGI intervention is designed to directly and indirectly support the Philippines aligned with the Philippine Development Plan (2017–2022), the National Climate Change Action Plan (2011-2028), the Philippine Renewable Energy Roadmap (2017-2040), and the micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSME) Development Plan (2017-2022) of the Philippines. GGGI focuses on structuring bankable projects as well as developing and/or strengthening policies that will provide an enabling environment for such investment in local government units (LGUs), which will end up contributing to Reduced GHG Emissions; Creation of Green Jobs; Increased Access to Sustainable Energy Services; and Enhanced Adaptation to Climate Change.
Regarding the specific project titled Climate Resilient and Inclusive Green Growth for Poor Rural Communities: Accelerating Implementation in the Agriculture Value Chain, GGGI is supposed to achieve following outcomes: (1) Greater climate resilience of farmers, agribusinesses, and vulnerable local communities achieved through the implementation of evidence-based climate policies in Oriental Mindoro; (2) Design, financing, and operationalization of micro-enterprises and a Provincial Agricultural Center (PAC) in Oriental Mindoro; and (3) Improved capacity of government and non-government stakeholders to implement climate resilient, inclusive and green agriculture value chain projects in Oriental Mindoro. The project is operated under the grant and co-financing arrangement between KOICA and GGGI. It is implemented by GGGI, with the Provincial Government of Oriental Mindoro (PGOM) under the MOU between the Provincial Government of Oriental Mindoro and GGGI, and in close collaboration with the Climate Change Commission (CCC), Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), other relevant organizations.
The Senior Officer will ensure on the ground delivery of the multi-year project with the key roles described below:
- Maintain efficient and collaborative coordination body with national-level government agencies for quality delivery of the project;
- Analyze dynamic contexts and evolving needs & priorities of the project stakeholders (coping with COVID-19 situation) and integrate them into design and implementation of project, but fully aligned with donor expectation;
- Ensure quality delivery of all outputs meeting the performance standard of GGGI and donor institution with proper execution of budget
- Implement result reporting of program activities internally and externally;
- Manage consultants, relevant staff in HQ, vendors, etc.,
- Support the Country Representative for overall management of the country team, government partnership, and donor relation;
- Advise Country Representative on program activity development and implementation with evidence, data-driven substantive analyses, and established local network;
- Maintain active professional relations with partner governments and other key stakeholders to capture and integrate their changing needs and manage “client” expectations;
- Collaborate with other country teams, units and divisions of GGGI to ensure quality delivery of the project outputs, if necessary; and,
- Promote green growth and the GGGI methodology with the donor community and other stakeholders
- Identifies project delivery issues and ensures effective coordination of project activities and resources to ensure attainment of objectives against established time frames;
- Organize program activities including policy consultation and validation meetings & workshops, capacity building programs based on yearly/ biannual work programs and budget plans;
- Develop project execution modality and documents across project management cycle per country;
- Perform data collection and analyses to build and maintain country specific knowledge base;
- Develop result reporting of program activities and facilitate internal and external communications; and,
- Capture lessons learned in project management to support refinement/improvement of existing policies and procedures.
Ensure deliver of outputs of the project, Climate Resilient and Inclusive Green Growth for Poor Rural Communities: Accelerating Implementation in the Agriculture Value Chain as summarized below:
- Climate vulnerability and risk information system (CVRIS) for agriculture value chain in Oriental Mindoro designed and implemented.
- Develop and implement policies enhancing climate resilience and productivity of the agricultural value chain
- A Private Sector Advisory Group (PSAG) is established to leverage best practices and know-hows of lead firms in the agricultural sector
- Investment and technical assistance for 5 agri micro-enterprises.
- Investment and technical assistance for Provincial Agricultural Center (PAC)
- Capacity development activities to promote profitable, climate resilient, inclusive and green agriculture value chain.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant working experience in policy and investment task in the Philippines, international experience will be an advantage.
- Experience in high-level government position in the Philippines will be a plus.
- Proven network base in the public and private sectors in the Philippines
- Master’s degree in business administration, economics, agriculture, political science, international relations, development, or other areas related to green growth and climate change (Bachelor’s degree may be considered if coupled with sufficient relevant experience).
- Excellent appreciation of capacity challenges across a broad set of relevant stakeholders (e.g. local and national governments, civil society, private sector) in the Philippines.
- Experience in project monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Experience in producing high-quality documentation and designing presentation material is a must.
- An excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Dedicated team player, with result-oriented, pro-active, and creative mindset to solve problems.
- Able to perform duties under time and political constraints, and on time.
- Ability to work independently while proactively seeking concurrence and instructions.
- Excellent multi-cultural literacy and interest in being a part of an international team working in an evolving and entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing, facilitation and networking skills.
- Highly-organized and able to effectively and efficiently multi-task and prioritize.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Understand and actively supports GGGI’s mission, vision and values.
- Promote an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership.
- Has strong client orientation.
- Process and share information easily and is excellent at problem solving.
- Manage emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily.
* Deadline is extended until 25 Nov 2020.
Child protection – GGGI is committed to child protection, irrespective of whether any specific area of work involves direct contact with children. GGGI’s Child Protection Policy is written in accordance with the Convention on the Rights of the Child.